Filing Your Tax Return LifeBack Tax

Filing Your Tax Return - LifeBack Tax

If you still have yet to file your income tax returns for the 2018 tax year, we recommend doing so as soon as possible. Filing your tax return on time is the best way to avoid owing late penalties and interest on past due taxes. If you are unable to pay your full balance, we still recommend filing a return on time in order to avoid getting hit by late-filing penalties.

Depending on your income level, you may be required to file a tax return, even if you will not owe taxes. Additionally, even if you are not required to file, you may still want to file a tax return, especially if you expect to receive a tax refund. Both federal and state tax agencies require taxpayers to file a return in order to claim a tax refund. The deadline for federal and most state 2018 income tax returns is April 15, 2019.

Federal and most state income taxes are applied using a progressive tax system, which means that higher income earners pay higher percentages of tax overall than lower income earners. How much you pay in taxes each year depends partly on your filing status: single, married filing jointly, married filing separately, or head of household. Based on filing status and your total income level, each part of your income is taxed at a different rate. If you live in Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, or Wyoming, you will not need to pay state income tax.

Unlike past years, all taxpayers may file their 2018 federal income taxes using the standard Form 1040. Depending on your income reporting circumstances, your return may also include various tax schedules for additional information as needed. If you are e-filing your taxes, most tax programs automatically include any required forms and schedules in your return.

When filing your tax return, you will need to report any taxable income that you received during the tax year. This not only includes earned income such as wages, salaries, and tips, as well as any fringe benefits, but also income from sources such as interest, dividends, stock options, and some pensions, among others. Self-employed taxpayers will need to report their business income and expenses using Schedule C. For ease of filing, most states calculate your state taxable income based on your federal adjusted gross income (AGI), found on line 7 of your Form 1040.

For income earned from employment, most individual taxpayers pay their taxes throughout the year by having part of each paycheck withheld by their employer and paid to the government. The W-2 form provided by your employer serves as a record of your employment compensation and tax withholding. (Note that if you had multiple employers in 2018, you should have received a Form W-2 from each employer.) Form 1099-MISC serves a similar purpose for income earned as a non-employee, such as self-employed taxpayers or contractors.

For income from interest or dividends, you can find the necessary information on the Form 1099-INT (for interest) or Form 1099-DIV (for dividends) provided by your bank or financial institution. Other 1099 forms exist for providing information on other types of taxable income. Make sure to have all tax documents on hand when filing your return. If you are filing your federal return by mail, your return should include any W-2s and 1099s as proof of tax withholding.

Deductions and Credits

A tax deduction doesn't directly decrease how much you pay in taxes. Instead, it reduces your taxable income, which results in a lower tax liability. You may choose to either take a standard deduction or claim itemized deductions. A standard deduction reduces your taxable income by a set amount, while itemized deductions reduce taxable income based on certain expenses, such as medical and dental expenses or charitable donations.

Due to recent tax reform legislation, many itemized deductions were limited or eliminated, while the size of standard deduction was increased. Many taxpayers who itemized their tax deductions in the past may instead benefit more from a standard deduction on their federal 2018 tax return. Note that states have their own rules regarding which types of deductions may be claimed on state income tax.

Unlike deductions, tax credits do directly decrease how much you owe in taxes. Some tax credits are "refundable", meaning that they can reduce your tax liability below zero. If you claim a refundable credit that is greater than what you owe in taxes, you can receive a tax refund. Non-refundable tax credits cannot reduce your tax liability below zero. Two common federal tax credits for individuals are the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), offered to eligible low-income earners; and the Child Tax Credit (CTC), offered to eligible taxpayers with children under 17. Many states also offer their own version of the Earned Income Tax Credit on state taxes.

After accounting for deductions, credits, and withholding, you can calculate your balance and determine whether you are due a refund, or if you owe taxes. If you are due a refund, you can opt to receive your tax refund via direct deposit, or as a mailed check. If you wish to receive your refund by mail, note that refund checks may take about 6 to 8 weeks to arrive after filing your return.

If you owe taxes, the IRS and most state tax authorities accept payments through direct debit, by credit or debit card, or with a check in the mail. If you are unable to pay your taxes in full, you may be able to enter an installment agreement in order to pay your balance over time.

Please contact us at LifeBack Tax if you require further assistance with your federal or state income taxes.

Fast and Easy 4 Step Tax Relief

Step 1

Tax Investigation determin your tax liability

Step 2

Retrieve all documentation from the IRS

Step 3

Calaculate tax liability and current ability to pay

Final Step - Execute offer in compromise get your Life Back

IRS Tax Resolution - Get your Life Back

The fast path to tax resolution can be yours and you can get back to your life. We have a 4 step process that's easy for you. Don't worry about the State or IRS we take care of everything for you. We collect your data, contact the tax agency for you. We handle all negotiations to the tax debt entity so you don't have too. Within 24 hours we stop the wage garnishment or levies so you can focus back on your life.

Get your life back today, move on, go out have some fun let us handle all your worries with your tax debt. Our trained professionals will get that tax settlement for you and you'll be happier for it. At LifeBack Tax our job is your complete satisfaction.

Start Now Settle Now

Why put off what you can do today. Some customers have been putting their tax debt off for years. There is no reason, you have rights. We understand that a bank levy, or wage garnishment can have a severe impact on your life. It can be quite devastating trying to pay all your bills and feed your family while you are being levied or garnished. LifeBack Tax stops all that within 24 hours. Get the IRS off your back today, you have rights and we will represent them and make this as fast and painless as possible for you.

What are you waiting for this is your one opportunity to act now and take your life back. Let the experts at LifeBack work for you and settle this for you once and for all.

LifeBack Tax

Your Team of Tax Experts standing by to help you resolve your Tax Problems. Fast and Affordable.

Awesome Support

You won't be alone, purchasing our service, satisfaction is guaranteed, we really care about you and tax problems.


Fast and Reliable

The LifeBack Tax work fast, with hundreds of satisfied customers the choice for your tax problem is simple.

Free Consultation

With a simple 100% free consultation you could get started today. You satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed!

The LifeBack Tax Teamis standing by ......

So don't wait call now 1-855-605-1500 or fill out the free consultation form

Free Consultation!

What Client's Say

Certified by The American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
Certified by The American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
Certified by The American Society of Tax Problem Solvers

Member of California Society of Certified Public Accountants
Member of California Society of Certified Public Accountants
Member of California Society of Certified Public Accountants

Member of National Association of Enrolled Agents
Member of National Association of Enrolled Agents
Member of National Association of Enrolled Agents

Member of California Society of Enrolled Agents
Member of California Society of Enrolled Agents
Member of California Society of Enrolled Agents


Contact Us

Follow Us